Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring break wasn't very springy...

Okay. I know I haven't been as consistent with my blogging as I should be. Problem is, there isn't anything going on to blog about. Spring is a long time coming in Northern Illinois this year I guess. I mean, look at this weeks forecast.....

Last year it was about 80!!!!! We were doing yard work and Austin's dad overheated!
I was really hoping that over Spring Break we would be getting the planter out and that spring flowers would be starting to bloom. The woods in our cow pasture are so pretty in the spring, and I'm really looking forward to taking pictures of them to share with you.

I'm also looking forward to mushroom hunting. I found my first Morel Mushroom last spring. Austin loves the way they taste. I think they taste gross.

I helped Austin find these last year. He has a super secret spot where he hunts for them.
Because we had such a weird spring though, it got too warm for them too fast I guess. There weren't many to find anywhere. We searched all over the place. It was really hot and humid and we were sweating, so we didn't hunt for very long.
So until it finally quits snowing and spring starts there probably won't be a whole lot of farming blogs going up.  I am trying to work on organizing my blog and start some regular features. Stay tuned!


Is there anything that you would like me to write about? Leave me some suggestions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment