Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Day a.k.a. complete insanity.

January 1st:

Well. Christmas is finally over, and the new year beginning. 2012 was a pretty good year. Let's see if I can remember back..... Austin got a new quad, raced it all summer, and after a few minor set backs at the beginning of the racing season he managed to break his "third place curse" and got second place. 
YAY AUSTIN!
Austin showing off.... what a silly boy.


In the middle of his racing season I got a pretty sweet job working on newspapers. It can be hard and frustrating sometimes, but I love every minute of it. Then I became Editor-in-Chief of the Kaleidoscope, and had a great semester with some of the best staff members EVER. I joined the Student Government Association, or SGA. So basically I have awesome friends at school now, and I actually look forward to going to Kish.

Kscope Fall 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just the short version of what happened in 2012. Really too much happened to tell you all about.  2013 is going to be different though. Every week I'm going to check in and let you know what is happening. That is my resolution anyway. If I'm lucky I'll get really good at this blogging thing and I'll post more than once a week. My goal is to become a blog of note. Let's see if we can make this happen.

On another note!
I got a new MacBook Pro! Well it isn't new.... I bought it used. But it is new to me! I really rather like it so far. I don't understand though why when I stick my SD card in it doesn't just show up on the desktop like it would on all the other Macs I've used. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong anyone?

I had to drive to Bloomington to buy it, which is only about 2 1/2 hours from here, which isn't too bad. I took my sister and we were having some fun. Bought the computer, ate some delicious food at the Cracker Barrel, stopped at the Wal-Mart to get Austin some cold meds (poor boy) and then started home.

Which is when all the fun happened.

I'm driving along and then suddenly my front passenger side tire blows. The funny thing was that I could feel it coming. Good thing though, otherwise we could have ended up in a really nasty mess. As it was my sister and I were sitting on the side of the interstate quite a ways from home, waiting to be rescued. We managed to keep ourselves pretty entertained until our help arrived. However, I gotta tell ya, it is terrifying being about a foot off the interstate with semi's going about 80 right outside your window. Not to mention that it was insanely cold.

Anyway, we finally made it home safe at about Midnight, thanks to my faithful donut tire. Austin gave me a big hug, told me he was glad I was finally home safe, and then grabbed the meds I brought him out of my hands and chugged some down. Then both of us passed out until his alarm went off this morning.

What a crazy day. Woke up planning to not get out of my jammies for the whole day, and ended up buying a computer and blowing a tire. Yeah. That is what I do on my lazy days. What about you?


1 comment:

  1. The blog is looking good!!!! So glad you're getting back to it! :)

    ReplyDelete