Friday, October 18, 2013

I might have fallen off the face of the earth, but I'm back now.

Okay. I realize I haven't published anything since May. (I'm not a very good blogger I guess.) I had this whole blog post written out in my head that would explain away why I've been gone for so long, but I don't want to make excuses, and I guess I'm just not ready to talk about it.  Maybe someday I will. I feel like I've learned a valuable lesson in Forgiveness, and I want to share it so maybe others can learn from my mistakes. I'm still working through all of the emotions though.

Anyway. It is fall now. It is a frosty 50 degrees outside right now and the leaves are beginning to change colors. I keep waiting for "the moment."I feel like every year there is a moment when the scenery is at its peak beauty, and that is the moment that you should take pictures. Northern Illinois really is its most beautiful in the fall, and I hope to share it with all of you soon.

Before I do that though, I'll share a few pictures from my crazy summer. Catch you up a little bit on what has been going on.

Planting. The shoots are just so little.
Sometimes it is hard to believe that they will grow to be so tall.

More spring. Upper left: wild columbine.
Lower left: John and Austin are out checking to make sure the beans are coming up.
Right: The skeletal remains of a windmill that ran a pump.
We don't really know how old it is.  But we love it, and try to make sure it doesn't fall on our watch.


Kittens, kittens, and more kittens! Gah! So cute.

The Fourth of July. It is kinda a big deal in Mt. Morris.
Left: My "little sister" Kelci ran for Let Freedom Ring Queen this year.
Upper Right: We finally got to take a picture of all three of us in our crowns.
Lower Right: Austin and I being goofy at the fireworks.

Random Summer.
Top: The corn got SO unbelievably tall this year. I've never seen anything quite like it.
It sort of created a wall all around our house.
Bottom Left: Audra emcee'd the local Kable Concert Band, as well as played her flute.
She was awesome.
Right: Wednesday nights in Mt. Morris look like this.
Everyone is downtown watching the Kable Concert Band.
Bottom Right: Audra on the 4230. John really wanted a picture of her on the tractor.



So.... yeah. Pretty much the whole summer. (I skipped over a little bit.) I've got a lot of fall pictures I'll put up soon. No, I really mean soon. Not 6 months from now. I told you. I'm going to be a better blogger now.

No comments:

Post a Comment