Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spring Semester Resolutions


        
My first editorial of my last semester on the Kaleidoscope. Wow. Can't believe it.....

Published January 28th 2013

Here we are. The beginning of a new semester, and the beginning of a new year. The new year is an excellent time to take a look back at your life, find the aspects of your life that you don't like, and form a resolution to change yourself for the better. I myself made some new years resolutions. I, like just about everyone in America, have decided that I'm going to be healthier this year. I also want to become a better blogger. I started a blog a while ago, but I never really accomplished anything with it. This is going to be the year that changes.
The sad thing about new years resolutions is that they are so hard to keep. If you've ever made a new years resolution and then failed trying to keep it, you are definitely not alone. I know that I've made many that I haven't kept. A year can be an intimidating length of time, and I think that might have something to do with the high failure rate.
But what about school? School is a big part of my life, but neither one of my resolutions have anything to do with school. So recently I've decided to make some Spring Semester Resolutions. For instance, I want to devote more time to my homework. I want to put some more effort into my homework and be prouder of my work in each of my classes. I also want to be on time to all of my classes. I hate showing up late and having to walk into class with everyone glaring at you as you try to find your seat.
I'm hoping that these Spring Semester Resolutions will be easier to stick to because it is for a shorter time than a New Years Resolutions. I only have to stick with this until May. I'm hoping that this makes me more successful with my goals.
What about you? Did you set any New Years Resolutions? How about Resolutions for the Spring Semester? Tell me about them through email at kscope@kishwaukeecollege.edu or write on our Facebook wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment