Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What if you woke up tomorrow, with only the things you were Thankful for today?

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I've really been considering something that my adopted dad, "Bobert", posted on Facebook once a while back.

"What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you were thankful for today?"

(Sidenote: Is it just me? Or does 90% of my inspriation for my blogs come from Facebook? I'm gonna have to take a closer look at this...)

Anyway, I've really been thinking a lot about this and what it means... I've realized that I don't spend nearly as much time thanking God for the things he has given me as I should. I need to spend less time asking for stuff and complaining about what I have and spend more time being thankful when things go my way.

I'm thankful for so many things. I'm thankful for my family, my friends and Austin. :) I'm thankful for my computer and my iPod and my books that show me a differnt world. (okay, admittedly some things are more important than others) I'm thankful for the paper (even though it drives me CRAZY sometimes I love every minute of it) and I'm thankful for school for opening my mind to new experiences and helping me find out exactly who I am. I've learned SO MUCH about who I am. And I'm thankful for the people who actually take the time to read my blog. It makes me feel AWESOME.

So tell me. (Show me that you are reading this.) What are you thankful for? What would most devastate you to lose? Here is your chance to really be thankful for what you have out loud before the world.

... and happy thanksgiving (early)

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the chance to study with such amazing musicians and to be surrounded by music EVERY SINGLE DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you actually read (and can remember) the things I post on Facebook!! :)
    "Bobert"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!! You are the winner of the TOMS giveaway over at color issue!!!!

    email me and I will forward your info on to Ben for him to get a hold of you to create your new custom shoes! Congrats! Hope you had a happy thanksgiving!

    xoxo
    Aarean

    ReplyDelete