Monday, September 26, 2011

First Weekend of Fall

I had the most wonderful weekend :) I love the beginning of fall don't you? I love being able to dig out sweaters, jeans and boots and snuggle up in big soft clothes. I love when the trees just start to change color. I also love the light. It is great for taking pictures. :)

So Saturday I spent the day with Bobert in Madison shopping around for antiques. We had a good time getting lost.  When I got home I checked my email, and low and behold my POTTERMORE EMAIL HAD FINALLY ARRIVED! I was SO excited! For those of you out there that think Pottermore is just  a way to tease die hard fans, or get more money out of them, you are sorely mistaken. Even with all the hype, Pottermore did not disappoint this fan. I have been waiting SO LONG for something like this. I got to go shopping in Diagon Alley, my wand chose me (Alder with Unicorn Core, 12 and a quarter inches, surprisingly swishy ) and got sorted into a house. I've always known that I was a Gryffindor, and it has finally been confirmed. :) That was SO COOL.




















That is my excited face on the left. I bought just a plain red tie and painted yellow stripes on it, and my robe is just an old nun costume cut down the back so that it would open up. I made the badge by copying one out of a Harry Potter poster book and printing it out on Iron On Transfer paper. The rest of the costume I bought in different places.



I haven't really gotten much farther in the game yet though, since I had SO MUCH OTHER STUFF TO DO! (AH!)


 Sunday I went with Austin to a family get together of his. The town where he grew up had their fall festival this weekend, so we watched a parade and walked around up town. Then we went home so his cousin and him could get some shooting in while the weather was still nice.

They kinda destroyed the target.....

Then my sister Audra, Austin, and I went to go see the Lion King in 3D. It was cute. :)
Audra was pretty pumped because she got the special edition 3D glasses.


So that was my weekend in a nut shell. What about you?

1 comment: